LIGHTNING SERIES: 5-WEEK ROUND ROBIN
Commences from November 14th
CitySide Sports is pleased to offer this 5-week special round robin event.
The Victorian Government have announced that community sports may return to both indoor and outdoor, once the Victorian population has reached 80% fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The expected date to reach this goal is November 5th. All participants - player or spectator - 12 years and 2 months or older, must be fully vaccinated during this initial period, as per the government mandate. The government is expected to remove this requirement at a later date (Note: All players at CitySide must be 14 or older).
As such, we will be returning with a 5-week Lightning Series from November 14th, to allow for fully vaccinated players. This is a Round Robin series, where you will play two mini-games each round against two opponents. There are no finals, however, we will be arranging random prizes for final ladder positions.
- Teams will register for their night & venue of choice, to play for 5 weeks.
- Each week, teams will play two opponents in two half-sized games. This will allow for variety of opponent and ensure no long one-sided games.
- There will be no divisions, however, CitySide Sports will endeavour to match teams up as evenly as possible.
- There will be no byes. The quantity of teams permitted in each competition will be restricted to the amount of teams that can play each week.
- There will be no finals. Prizes will be awarded for random final ladder positions at the end of the 5th week.
- CitySide Sports reserves the right to change the format in accordance with government guidelines and on the basis of team numbers, and venue requirements. However, teams can expect the equivalent of 5 matches played over 5 weeks, regardless of the format implemented.
- Teams are required to pay a fee upfront to register.
- This fee covers game fees, umpire/referee fees, insurance and registration.
- Netball: $400 per team
- Hardcourt Volleyball: $350 per team
- Beach Volleyball 5-a-side: $300 per team
- Beach Volleyball Pairs: $160 per team
- No credits from previous seasons can be used for this Lightning Series.
- Until such time as the Victorian Government removes the mandate, all players 16 years of age or older, must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19.
- Players will be required to provide proof of vaccination. This may vary from venue as we work with management teams from the venues we hire. Our aim is to have a 'show-once' process, if possible. More info will come soon.
CANCELLED GAMES & REFUNDS:
- If for any reason one of your rounds is cancelled (weather, receive forfeit etc) you will be refunded the very next day, the value of one game fee. There will be no delay on refunds.
- When a team is required to be refunded, the Captain will be sent a link asking to provide bank details. Once completed, the refund will be issued.
- Game Fee refunds are as follows:
- Netball: $75
- Hardcourt Volleyball: $65
- Beach Volleyball 5-a-side: $55
- Beach Volleyball Pairs: $30 per team
- There shall be no refund if your team forfeits.
- There shall be no refunds for forfeiting your own match.
- A $30 late fee will be applied if you forfeit after 2pm on the day of your match. We ask for enough time to be able to find a replacement team.
UNSAFE PRACTICE & COVIDSAFE MEASURES:
- By entering your team, you have agreed to following these conditions.
- As noted above, until otherwise stated by the Victorian Government, all players 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and must be prepared to follow Management guidelines as announced, to provide proof of vaccination.
- All players must have downloaded the CitySide Sports Mobile App, have an account, and QR check in before game.
- All teams must adhere to the COVIDSafe guidelines set in place at each venue.
- Failure to abide by these conditions may result in removal of player or team from the Lightning Series, without refund.
SFINDIT INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS - PLEASE NOTE:
We will not be entering in SFindit Teams to the Lightning Series. However, if someone from your team wishes to take responsibility for the team including arranging the registrtaion fee, please contact us and we will enter your team into the competition. Leanne will also assist any players who want to play, to find a team for the 5 weeks.